Deirdre


music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fav Song's Meaning, not what's expected

After reviewing the song lyrics over and over again it becomes clear that the song is maybe about a guy who is avoiding another girl “so I can keep from going insane.” So he can go to another girl and “we can do a one night stand.” This song definitely has a trace of infidelity. The guy definitely is unsure of what to do and that in the mean while they can just get together. He’s up for anything because he’s used to being turned down and that she can leave him as well if “it suits you just the same”. It has a trace of pain in the past and that is why he is doing this.
I first really like this song because of the tempo and the beat. It is a very chill song and I remember the “one night stand” part, but I never got that he could be cheating on his girlfriend, which is right in the beginning. I first identified with these lyrics because it was about love and pain and I always have a liking to those kinds of songs because thay are real and can help anyone in multiple different situations. Now that I learned that the lyrics could possible mean infidelity, then it isn’t my favorite, but I still like the tempo/beat combination. Sometimes I just like songs in the background and that’s what my favorite songs are to me, but not every time I listen to this song I think “is he cheating?”

No comments: